Wednesday 22 June 2011

TuxJam Episode 2

The second episode of TuxJam is available for download in Ogg Vorbis format by clicking on the download button or here.

In this episode we take a brief look at
Webconverger 8, Fuduntu 14.10 and DoudouLinux 1.0. These are followed by a more indepth Look at Crunchbang Statler (XFCE edition).

The two applications in this episode are both desktop based, looking at PCManFM file manager and Turpial, a micro blogging client that works with identi.ca.

Feedback section: to my amazement I've had loads of really positive feedback from users on identi.ca, people were asking after a week when episode 2 was going to be released. A few people left feedback through IM, one person took the time to email the show: Andrew Conway (@mcnalu on identi.ca) gave me some nice feedback.

The tracks today were as follows:
1.Mad Mush-Silent Snowfall
2.OldSchool-Take It Easy
3.Tequila Mockingbird-Blue
4.Frank Camu-I Believe I'll Dust My Broom
5.The GAP-Stay Away From Here
6.Retrosonic-Silent Prison (thanks to @richslxh on identi.ca for suggesting that one)

1 comment:

  1. I was going to mention that for people who don't hate adobe air, (even if it's being discontinued for linux, right?) you can use Tweetdeck for status.net as well. You just have to go into the advanced option when adding "Twitter" and picking another api url.
    Yes I know that Tweetdeck isn't a small unknown, but that feature might be. ;)

    ReplyDelete